Montessori The Pink Tower
The Pink Tower is one of the flagship activities of the Montessori method which allows you to develop the difference between size, shape and weight. Montessori game from 18 months. Possible to order cards whose size of the pink square is the same as that of the face of the cubes.
Pink Tower 10 cm: Available from June 30 in delayed delivery.
The Pink Tower is one of the flagship activities of the Montessori method . Please note that it is not suitable for a child under 18 months and should be used under the supervision of an adult.
The Montessori method was created by Maria Montessori, an Italian doctor and educator in 1907. Today it is used in more than 22,000 establishments around the world. The particularity of the Montessori method is to highlight the personal development of the child and to encourage his autonomy through educational toys based on the senses and perception.
The goal is to stack the cubes from the largest to the smallest to create a tower, but it is also possible to make other constructions to engage your child's imagination.
These 10 pink stacking cubes will develop the perception of dimensions as well as the notion of size and size by teaching the child to stack the cubes of the largest to the smallest to create a tower.
If the child makes a mistake during the construction of the tower, he will be able to correct himself by seeing his mistake visually but also by carrying the cubes because they are full and therefore the heavier the cube the bigger it is. This activity will allow him to develop his concentration and his autonomy.
This Montessori toy allows the visual discrimination of the 3 dimensions thanks to the edges of the cubes as well as the discovery of mathematical notions through the numbers from 1 to 10 , decimals, geometry and volumes.
Montessori Pink Tower: The cards
In addition, it is possible to order cards with a side 10 cm on which the pink square is the same size as the base of the cube corresponds to this card.
These cubes will develop your child's motor skills because he will have to make the connection between the movement and flexibility of his fingers with the coordination of his eyes, which will develop his sense of touch, his ability to observe, analyze as well as his abilities.
The fact of having 10 cubes whose only difference is their size will allow the child to learn the adjectives "large" and "small" but also the superlatives "smaller" or "larger".
When offering the pink tower to the child, always verbalize the objective. Example: “I'll show you how to build the tower”. You can do the following:
1) Installation and preparation: Sit on a mat and ask the child to go and find the pink tower alone, which allows him develop mastery of the gesture and inhibit distractions on the way (development of inhibitory control), in the event of an obstacle, this helps to develop flexibility.
2) Name the material: The adult names the "cube" so that the child assimilates what it is.
3) Present the object: Make an individual, exact, logical and uncluttered presentation of each cube.
4) Construction of the tower: At the beginning, the adult should slowly show the arrangement of the cubes from the largest to the smallest (centered cubes ) then undo them on the mat if there is an unnoticed gradation error.
5) Check errors: The adult must insist on checking the error, that is to say that there is has just enough space to place the small cube of 0.7 cm (for Pink Tower 7 cm) or 1 cm (for Pink Tower 1 cm) on the side between each cube. Then the child checks it himself. If he made a mistake when building his tower, the adult then favors self-correction without negative discourse regarding its production.
6) Learning size adjectives: The child will learn the adjectives "small" and "large" by comparing cubes of different sizes.
7) Learning superlatives and comparatives: By analyzing the different sizes between each cube, the child will be able to introduce in his vocabulary "larger", "Smaller", "just bigger" or even "just smaller".
8) Collective toys variant: One of the children shows the cube he wants with a card and the other child gives him the corresponding cube to the associated card.
Tower of cubes
This toy can be composed on the one hand of a series of 10 full cubes of different sizes and on the other hand the 10 cards associated with the cubes. The gradation of the cubes is allowed by the increase of 0.7 cm (for the Pink Tower of 7 cm) or 1 cm (for the Pink Tower of 10 cm) of the edge of the cubes: the smallest cube measures 0, 7 cm (for the Pink Tower of 7 cm) or 1 cm (for the Pink Tower of 10 cm) side and the largest measures 7 cm (for the Pink Tower of 7 cm) or 10 cm (for the Pink Tower of 10 cm).
This toy is inspired by the Montessori method thanks to its playful and fun side, it is not a Montessori toy (the 7 cm Montessori Pink Tower is made up of 10 cubes from 0.7 cm to 7 cm / Pink Tower Montessori 10 cm is composed of 10 cubes of 1 cm to 10 cm).
- Tour Rose 7 cm : 600 g / Tour Rose 10 cm : 1,5 kg